Benefits of Whole Body Vibration
Whole body vibration has been researched for more than 100 years and has been proven to have the following benefits:
- Increases flexibility, range of motion and mobility (decreases muscle tightness and increases mobility - the abilities to walk and stand)
- Improved balance and coordination
- Provides benefits of both anaerobic and aerobic exercise
- Increases physical strength, dexterity, and endurance
- Reduces arthritic pain, joint and ligament stress
- Improved pelvic floor function (this can help to reduce bladder problems or incontinence)
- Relieves menopausal symptoms
- Increases the “happiness” hormones serotonin and neurotrophine, substances that support our thinking process (this helps to reduce
- Decreases the stress hormone cortisol
- Enhances strength and fast twitch muscles (reduces spasticity and increases smoothness of muscle function)
- Enhances conventional training results
- Speeds training recovery
- Enhances pain reduction
- Improves collagen production (joint repair)
- Relieves tension and chronic pain in ankles, knees, lower back and neck
- Posture is enhanced and strengthened overall
- Enhances critical blood flow throughout the body (oxygenation and lymph drainage) (increases how well your body can detoxify and helps with brain function, since the brain is getting more oxygen to help it to function better).
- Diastolic blood pressure decreased
- Increases secretion of hormones that are important in regeneration and repair processes, such as HGH (Human Growth Hormone), IGF-1, and testosterone
- Decreased Cortisol levels (stress hormone)
- Enhanced athletic performance due to improved muscle strength and tone
- Important muscle groups are worked
- Using simple adjustments in posture and body positioning, produces the effects of 80 different exercises
- Decreased recovery time after workouts
- Increased tendon strength
- Increased basal metabolic rate
- Accelerated weight loss
- Increased bone strength, density and fights osteoporosis
- Increased lumbar proprioception
- Reduced back pain and stiffness
- Positive results seen on neurological conditions such as Parkinson's
- Reduced effects of stress and stress incontinence
- Rehabilitates injuries and ailments
- Stimulated lymphatic drainage
- Reduces appearance of cellulite (reduces weight gain and helps to tone the body)
- Tones and tightens skin
- Improved collagen production
*Monthly - up to 5 days a week 10 minutes per day
Whole body vibration sessions must be scheduled through our website or via phone. We do accept drop-ins, just call to make sure there is space. We are capable allowing 25 people per day.
Science has learned that the human body adapts to various stressors and stimuli.
The Whole Body Vibration produces amazing results as a result of that adaptation process. When you stand on your VibraTrim, the vibration energy is transferred to your entire body.
This first stimulates receptors in the Achilles tendon that stimulate nerve receptors, which track up to the cerebellum (the part of the brain that is responsible for balance).
This pleasant vibrating action causes the brain to tell the muscles of your body to actively contract to maintain its equilibrium, thus creating a therapeutic and muscle-toning workout.
Oscillating: Oscillating (pivotal) movement generally supported by the medical community as a healthier type of vibration as it can handle more weight, have much less vertical impact on the body, reduce stress on the organs, and help keep the spine more flexible and loose. When using oscillating whole body vibration equipment, the engaged muscles contract alternately as in normal walking motion, so the same muscle groups on both sides of the body are not contracted at the same time. This is the style that is used by VibraTrim.
Linear: Linear (vertical/tri-planar) movement primarily duplicates the jump reflex in the body. The muscles on both sides of the body contract simultaneously resulting in very high impact. Repetition of this sort of impact makes certain positions on this type of WBV exerciser unsuitable. User with joint or spine problems may find this muscle contraction uncomfortable and may benefit from an oscillating machine. Many users tell of increased headaches after using this style. Linear WBV exercisers are effective for improving jump height, which is why they are popular with football and basketball players.
The references provided by VibraTrim is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. The studies listed on this page are provided for general information only.
These independent studies reference the years of research into vibration therapy and training and their research is independent of the VibraTrim.
The FDA has not evaluated these studies. Most of these studies are listed on the National Center for Biotechnology Information website.